Vinterview 4 - Bonita of Lavender and Twill / Rita Hayworth

This weeks vinterview is with a friend of my the lovely and multi-talented Bonita of Lavender & Twill. Bonita is a busy lady not only does she blog at Lavender & Twill where she writes about her vintage style and is currently documenting her family's move to Thailand she also in the process of setting up two companies. The first one creating cute brooches from her original designs. You can check out some of Boni's artwork at Teacupgirlart and even purchase some for yourself!  Boni's second venture is creating vintage style clothing that is durable and hardy enough to be thrown into a suitcase and can upstand the rigmaroles of a busy travelling woman. You can follow her progress at Time Traveller Clothing. You can follow Bonita's adventures on instagram @lavenderandtwill or check out her artwork @teacupgirlart

Bonita chose another redhead for her vinterview the stunning Rita Hayworth. Rita Hayworth was an American actress and dancer. She achieved fame during the 1940s as one of the era's top stars, appearing in a total of 61 films over 37 years. The press coined the term "love goddess" to describe Hayworth after she had become the most glamorous screen idol of the 1940s. She was the top pin-up girl for GIs during World War II.

Hayworth is perhaps best known for her performance in the 1946 film noir, Gilda, opposite Glenn Ford, in which she played the femme fatale in her first major dramatic role. Fred Astaire, with whom she made two films, called her his favorite dance partner. Her greatest success was in the Technicolor musical Cover Girl (1944), with Gene Kelly. She is listed as one of the top-25 female motion picture stars of all time in the American Film Institute's survey, AFI's 100 Years...100 Stars.

And now to the interview. 

This is the first film you've made in quite some time. How does it feel to be back in front of the camera?
I haven't ever made a film personally, but I can say that it always feels a bit weird to come back to something after taking a break for a while. This is particularly timely as I have been taking a break from blogging. When I've not been blogging regularly, I always feel like I've completely forgotten how to do it! It takes me some time to pick up the thread and get my "voice" back.

Who is in it with you?
Well, mostly I keep the blog to personal subjects ~ vintage fashion and creative lifestyle, my family do come into every so often. In fact, they will probably feature more predominantly as we have started a big adventure over in Thailand and I will be blogging about that once I get into the swing of things.

Can you tell us anything about the story and the part that you play?
In this story of our life, I am a wife, mother and artist! I am trying to expand my role to small business owner as well, and I am learning all I can about the part.  ;)

Is this different from anything you have done before?
Yes, quite! I have always designed and had creative output but this is the first time I've really put a lot of effort into creating my own business.

When you were out in the Caribbean did you visit a lot of places?
I haven't been to the Caribbean as of yet, but so far in Thailand we have seen a lot of the West side of the island and explored around, and visited the Royal Old Town on the East side. We are planning to spend two in Malaysia or Vietnam in about a month's time, so I am looking forwards to exploring there!

You've got your children with you haven't you? Have you been taking them around? Have you had time?
Yes, our whole family has relocated to Thailand, we have three little ones. Theodore, our eldest son is five, Isabelle is four and our youngest, Charlotte is two. We have been able to take them on some adventures in TukTuks and taxis, but my husband and I have also been exploring by ourselves on our scooter. One of the things we have very much been enjoying is loads more time to do the things we'd like to as a family. The benefits of not having to prepare meals, clean or do laundry have been a very big blessing for our family!

Are you going anywhere this weekend with them?
At the moment, my plan is to go back to the Royal Old Town on Saturday, or we might hire a Jeep and head down to the National Park on the Southern tip of the island. There's a gorgeous lighthouse and tons of monkeys that I would like to take the children to see.  Or there's a Butterfly Garden ~ as you can tell, we still have a lot of things to see!

Are you going to do any more musicals?
No, but I am planning to do more videos for YouTube! I do like sharing videos and filming them, and hopefully I'll have a new one up soon showing the villas that we have been living in for everyone to get a better idea of what they look like.

You've made musicals with stars like Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly it must have been fun?
Have I? How marvelous!! Gene Kelly is my favourite actor, I think he is wonderfully talented! That would have been an absolutely amazing experience!

Have you any ambition to play any particular part or do any particular picture?
My ambitions currently are to get my two businesses up and running, one designing and making a brooch line ~ Teacup Girl, and the other, manufacturing an ethical, vintage inspired, travel clothing line ~ Time Traveler Clothing.

So I am very much focused on these goals, and I am really hoping to see that happening within in the next few years. Then I truely will have achieved my ambition of becoming a small business owner!

Thank you for having me, it's been delightful chatting with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment